Monday, October 30, 2006

Bahamut, Swift Belt and Gilsellers -- Oh my.

Another Monday at work. Good news this week is that I will be going to visit my family in Poland starting on Thursday. One of my cousins is getting married. I'll let you know how it goes when I come back! Hopefully this Polish wedding won't be _too_ crazy.

This weekend was an interesting one.

On Saturday we spent a few hours at Ulli trying to pop him. He didn't pop. Instead I utilized my Chinese to give the gilsellers that were gathered there a hard time. I think I flustered them because one of them got aggro had to HP. On the other hand it really distracted our team and we couldn't kill PHs as fast as we should have been. So, I'm sorry for that XD. We'll work on getting some Ullis early this week.

"Ni ying gai zhao yi ge ZHEN de gongzuo"
You should find a REAL job.

After sky farming we tackled Bahamut v1. The hardest thing about doing these battles now is that it is really hard to form up an alliance of ppl to do this, especially on a Saturday night. Needless to say after pulling some teeth, grabbing some pickups and waiting for some others to actually flag the quest, we made our way to the BC. The fight itself was pretty easy. We had 6 blms, 1 pld/nin, 1 nin/drk, 1 nin/war, a couple whm, 1 rdm, 1 brd and some random melee. In fact the worst part about it is that we were trying to kill him too fast. He spams his flare every 10%, causing you to have to continually withstand huge damage. At about 50% we backed off on nuking to let mages regain some MP for the final push. Bahamut went out not with a whimper but with a bang. Mega-flare wiped half the alliance. Overall a fun fight! I can't wait for Apocalypse Nigh and some new earrings :D

Finished up BST AF and got level 54 this weekend. Been slowly working on that when both Wyle and I have time. I dread having to gear myself up with new DD gear. I don't have the gil atm to put myself in the latest and greatest. Hopefully at least I can get a Hauby, which will be useful for both PLD and BST and any other melee I decide to lvl.

BTW I've been an avid fan of gardening for about a year and half. But I've had enough. SE made changes to gardening that lessened the yield of tree saplings from cuttings. Instead of mindlessly producing saplings, you have to be more careful about when you harvest. You have to wait until later in the harvest before you harvest, and harvest on earthsday to get the full yield (like it used to be). Otherwise you're going to get a lot of rock salt and shell bugs. Well, I waited to long in my harvest and lost 75% of my crops -- an approximate 150-200k loss. My playstyle has changed too since I've been working a lot and now I don't have too much time to check my plants. I'm tossing in the towel on gardening. Not sure how I'm going to earn gil in the future, but I think I might just stick with fishing, ksnm and bcnm for now.

Also tried for swift belts this weekend with some current CK members and old friends. I spent a few hours (and few deaths) in Phomiuna Aquaducts farming up a codex (quite boring and dull), with every 2 hrs grabbing an oil spill to kill the BST fomor. We went to Sacrarium with 2 nin, 2 whm, 1 brd, 1 rdm, 1 sam, 1 thf. All the NM fights went really smoothly and we had only a few deaths. 0/6 on swift belts though. WTF. We'll be back there in a couple weekends. Hopefully, with at least SOME swift belts =P

I missed Limbus and no Assault this weekend. Instead merited for a little while, and then trioed my carby mitts with Pauge and Heilger. Thanks guys! Tried to get the Asklepios NM to pop but by that time I was about to pass out. So I did.

Hope you guys have a great week in Vanadiel. See you there :D

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Jediknight said...

0/6 on SWIFT BELT! SE HAX'D US!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home