Friday, November 10, 2006

Kirin Bum Rushed

Thursday we fought Kirin for the first time in a month. We were going to tp burn him down and see how that went, instead of our traditional kiting and mp burn him down. The last time we tried this we weren't ready when spawning and we had to revert to our old strategy. Well, we were all psyched. For extra safety, we killed all the minis before attacking him (which took approximately 22 minutes). We then proceeded to beat the living hell out of him -- all in all killed him in ~5 minutes. I am sure we can fine-tune it a little bit more and bring it down. Next time we're not even going to bother with minis and see how it goes.

News Flash: YOU DON'T NEED RIDILL/ARMADA HAUBERK WARS, OR BB MNKS TO MELEE BURN KIRIN. Well I'm sure it will cut your time down by a few 10s of seconds. I think it's more about organization and everyone knowing what to do than anything.

Cheers to CK! Of course Kirin jipped us yet again: Shining Cloth and O. Ingot. Let's hope for some real drops next time.

In other news, I got BST 55. We actually got 10k exp in one night. Stunning yes I know. We camped Behemoth and Adamantoise yesterday. Unfortunately no claims (nor HQs). In Limbus on Wednesday we did the oh-so-easy Apollyon SE. We got the win and 3 ancient beastcoins each. Not only that, but I also now have full sets of WHM and PLD items so that I can get AF+1 once I can afford it coins-wise. After that we did four assaults -- all wins. Got my Private First Class Badge as well :) Movin' on up baby! Did four runs of BCNM40 Under Observation -- Got an Utsusemi: Ni. Hot. Well, I guess luke warm. No scratch that, luke cold. I'm so far 0/14 on the pcc now. 0/3 on Tungi, 0/5 on frog trousers. WTH man somethin has got to give.

I've been debating about getting back into gardening. I'm holding onto some cash until I decide.

Also, there are rumors spreading that some end-game linkshells are buying their winterstones. I will upfront say that CK has never bought anything from gilsellers and probably never will. I can understand the temptation, especially now the gilsellers have ulli locked down and the drops from Byakko and Kirin can more than offset the price of the winterstone. It's almost like free abjurations. Almost.

But, I believe that more often than that the gilsellers are using these winterstones themselves. Did you realize that gilsellers are now offering services to provide you with WHATEVER abjuration you want at a substantial cost? Defending Ring ~ 25M or like $750 bucks, W. Legs 8M or $240, W. Feet 3M or $80, etc. So I think that more likely than end-game shells buying winterstones is that they are using them themselves. This is completely evident in the fact that gilsellers are concurrently exping perhaps 50 new characters to level 75. They are trying to provide this new service by Christmas time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home